Saturday, March 12, 2011

Trembling

Last night, I heard a noise outside around 3 in the morning. Scuffling in the bushes, the fence behind the guardhouse shaking and rumbling and clanging, and then pebbles crackling. I froze in place... I was convinced they had finally come for me.

I was trembling in place, terrified. But, something came over me to get up, and look outside. So I did. I grabbed a flashlight, and I left the hut. I shone the light in a shaky manner against the immediate gravestones in front of me. Nothing.

I continued into the graveyard, searching. I was so scared. If something had popped out right then, I would have had a horrible heart attack. But nothing did.

Eventually, I found myself near the center of the graveyard.



"Hello? Anyone t-there!?"


I was on the verge of giving up when I saw the hooded man hiding behind the central structure; where the previous gravekeeper had been sacrificed. I shivered and felt myself freeze in place once again.

But the hooded man didn't attack. He ran. Ten seconds later I realized I had to chase him.

He ducked and dodged around graves and I attempted to follow. But, I lost him within the darkness of the graveyard. I searched for him the rest of the night, until morning came. I found no trace of him.

I must be more vigilant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment