Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Trembling II

I was on the verge of falling to sleep when I heard the scuffling behind the hut. I immediately grabbed my flash light and jumped up. I slowly approached the window and looked outside.

And the hooded man was there, standing in the moonlight, staring at me while I stared at him.

I bolted to the door, opened it, and rushed outside after him. He was already running.  I chased him. He was running towards the same spot we ended up last time; the center of the cemetery.

Somehow I lost track of him. When I reached the center, he wasn't anywhere in sight. I thought he had disappeared again. I flashed everywhere looking for him. I was about to give up when the beam settled on a figure rising out from behind a grave a fair distance away.

I froze yet again, and it did as well. I stared at him while he was staring at me.

I ran yet again after him. He slowly descended and hid behind the giant gravestone. I got to it and flooded the area with light. The hooded man was gone.

Where did he go? Did he sneak off into the shadows? I looked everywhere. There wasn't any sign of the man. The morning sun rose up above the horizon once again when I got back to the hut.

No comments:

Post a Comment