Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Inherent Creepiness

I get through most nights at the cemetery alright. I find ways of entertaining myself. Most nights, I write in short, spontaneous bursts, when I'm not surveying the graveyard. Sometimes, I watch a few late night shows. I have a soft spot for Jimmy Fallon especially.

It helps take me away from the darkness of the cemetery. Without any entertainment, I don't know how I'd survive out here. Umm, I mean, on the one hand, I'm away from people. That's good, that's great, that's grand. But on the other.. it kind of gets scary here?

It is a cemetery, so I guess I should have been prepared for that when I signed up for the job. But in those moments where I'm surveying the cemetery, making sure everything is fine, I'm just so jumpy and every shadow looks like it's some sort of monster from beyond and

It makes me nervous. Really nervous. Much more nervous than I need to be.

Besides from the inherent creepiness... I think I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment