Thursday, March 10, 2011

Scared

I didn't really think of it before. I mean, I was so excited to finally find a job opening, and my mother yelled at me to jump on it,  but now I realize that... this is a little dangerous. Really dangerous. What if the gang comes back? What if they blast my brains all over the same gravestone? My boss assured my I'd be safe on the job, that nothing fishy would happen except maybe a few homeless stragglers, but... but that gang is still out there, and no one's been arrested regarding the last gravekeeper's fate.

I'm really nervous now. I keep looking over my shoulder, and making sure the door is locked, and closing the blinds. This is dangerous, really dangerous. I should quit. I should really quit.

But besides the terror, there's this other feeling out here that I can't seem to decipher... but also can't seem to want to quit feeling either. I like it out here. It's quiet. It's dangerous. But it's safe.

I'm an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment