Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lonely Hearts Cemetery

Ummm. Hello, uh, hi. My name's Bill, and I'm... I'm the gravekeeper of the renowned Lonely Hearts cemetery. If you're a resident of this city, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I mean,everyone around here has heard about it... it's treated like hallowed ground.

I took this job up because well... I didn't have a job. And my mother wanted me to really really quickly get a job. Because I needed to help her out, I guess. I need to stay on track, like she says I do.

This job was a steal. That's what everyone keeps saying to me. No one seemed to want this job. That's because... well the last person working here was killed by a local gang one night. So everyone's afraid of being shot at. And umm, not only that, but it's a... a graveyard, y'know?

I told my mom I chose this job because there wasn't anyone else hiring. But that isn't entirely true. When I finally worked up the courage to err call up to inquire about the job, they informed me about how lonely this job on most nights. About how I'd be here, entirely alone, in the dark.

And that's what made me apply for the job. I'm... kind of very much really a nervous person. Very, very nervous. I don't like talking to people, I don't like being around people, I don't like knowing others exist. I like existing by myself. This place is perfect for me. Because what they said is quite true.

No one ever visits Lonely Hearts Cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment